Tuesday, August 10, 2010

STOP IT!

As a pastor, I listen to a lot of people who have problems. Some of these problems can be blamed upon the sinful realities of our world, but many are simply due to their own mistakes. For some time, I have been concerned with the inability of some people to own up to their sinfulness or self-pity and simply stop their destructive behaviors. So, over the next several weeks, I will be addressing various actions that people simply need to stop. It will be unapologetically blunt, honest, and open. It is not necessarily a reflection of issues that people in my church are currently dealing with, but rather the self-inflicted struggles I have witnessed inside and outside of the church. In case you think I'm being pompous and judgemental, some of these will be issues that I've struggled with in my life and need to stop doing as well.

So, if you are interested in knowing how to make your life better, I encourage you to read the postings over the next several weeks. Until then, check out and enjoy the "Stop It!" clip featuring one of my favorite comedians, Bob Newhart.

No comments:

Post a Comment