Monday, June 8, 2009

Blogging, Take Two

After a hiatus from semi-regular postings on other social networking sites, I have reentered the blogging world in order to share whatever perspectives I may have regarding faith and how it is evidenced in all facets of life. However, my intention with this effort is to be more regular with at least one posting a week.

"Faith Matters" will feature my thoughts and commentary on the expressions of Christian faith in society, academia, pop culture, politics and of course, the church itself. My goal is to encourage Christians to think about larger theological, political and social issues, even if it challenges long held positions.

The spirit and intent of "Faith Matters" is to be devotional and encouraging. While controversial subjects may be addressed, my motivation is not to create controversy or offend anyone, but to broaden the dialogue of all who state that "Jesus is Lord." If you have topics that you would like for me to write about please let me know. Also, please let me know if the blogs are challenging and encouraging to you.

The United Methodist Church adopted a new slogan a few years ago: "Open Hearts. Open Minds. Open Doors." I'm sure there were a lot of Christians who did not like this statement, but I like it; I like it a lot. That is the spirit of what I want "Faith Matters" to represent and I hope whatever is written is both challenging and encouraging to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment